STRESS HAUL

March is ending too soon, and exams are fast approaching. From nonstop library meetups to constant Starbucks runs - Oh, it's March M...


March is ending too soon, and exams are fast approaching. From nonstop library meetups to constant Starbucks runs - Oh, it's March Madness alright. 
What do two university students do best when put under stress? Shop. 
Alors, VoilĂ ,  we present our haul! or as we'd like to call it "We-are-stressed-so-we-are-going-to-shop" Haul. 

We'd hope to inspire everyone else out there - and to all you university students out there who impulsively shop after pulling an all-nighter to finish an assignment - It's OKAY, reward yourself for all that hard work. 
Stress is just an excuse to shop & so we did. 
We are not bragging, we're just shopaholics at heart. 


Gelaine's Haul 



 Lush 
 1) Honey I Washed The Kids Body Soap : I've recently been annoyed with using a liquid body wash. By using a soap, I feel like my body is actually getting cleaned, is that wierd of me? The physicality that comes with using a soap is much more satisfying than a slimy, liquid soap on a loofa. It took me a while to choose the type of body soap I wanted. Honey I Washed The Kids smelled AMAZING! - like toffees! What really got me to purchase this item was the fact that it was a 2013 Fashion Winner (I don't really know how prominent that title is- but it sounded legit - yes I'm easily bought by these marketing tactics)

2) Rehab Shampoo : This shampoo was actually recommended to me. She said that it really works well on damaged hair. My hair is not necessarily damaged, but it does have a few split ends. I wanted to try it out to see if it'll work on my hair - I rarely blowdry my hair so it's important for me to keep my hair healthy. I do hope that it'll keep my hair from getting too oily too fast. Meaning less shower times ladies ;) (I'm totally kidding..)





Sephora
1) TARTE Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer (Park Avenue Princess): I was in need of a bronzer since I recently finished my ELF bronzer after a year and a half of having it! To be honest, Daily Grace or It'sGrace - a youtuber has talked about this bronzer in her "favourites" videos - she's not a beauty guru - but for some reason she has a lot of influence on my personal beauty choices - I love her style! The name of the bronzer is ALSO very cute, as well as the packaging - so why the f*ck not? I chose the waterproof one because Summer is coming soon! Although it's still -13 degrees Celsius here in Toronto - We are already preparing ourselves for summer! (Canadian Logic - deal with it). 

2) BCBGMAXAZRIA Rollerball Perfume: You can spot us huddled around the perfume corner of Sephora, our nose buried deep on these fancy ass looking containers - sniffing and sniffing some more. Honestly, we spent over 20 minutes doing just that - the sales associate probably thought we were going to steal. This was one of the inexpensive rollerballs at Sephora ($22 before tax) - and I decided to buy one because it's travel sized - good for a quick 'pick me up' whenever you feel smelly (is it even possible to feel smelly? - whatever, excuse my choice of words). It's not too strong unlike the other higher-end products, but it's not too soft of a scent either. It's distinct enough to be noticed - like a classy lady ;) 

Extras: 
I bought some quick essentials at Shoppers: Marc Anthony 2nd Day Clear Dry Shampoo and the Butterfly Mascara. Dry Shampoos are a life saver! Especially when you wake up late for school and realize you have no time to take a shower - we've all been there. I also decided to buy the Butterfly Mascara because it's a new item and it intrigued me, I'm hoping that it'll work better than the Maybeline Rocket Mascara.
            

ASHLEY'S TURN.....


I'm a major impulse shopper...Or a shop-a-holic in general, but I'm not as bad as coughHILLARYcough! So for starters I work at Shoppers, which is a Canadian drug store and I took advantage of the 20x the points event cause y'know it doesn't hurt to build up your points for great deals right? Without further ado let's get right to it shall we? 

1) Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque: My holy grail of a hair mask for my dry and thick hair. For starters my hair is already damaged, but this hair mask prevents it from looking and feeling that way. It retails for $32 and as pricey as it is, you get this tub that would last a while and a little goes a long way. It smells amazing and the oils work its magic for any hair types. 

2) CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser: I bought this for my sister because she has eczema, but I myself use it too because I have patches of eczema on my neck, on parts of my arms and at the back side of my right shoulder. This cleanser sticks up to its name of being hydrating and it doesn't feel harsh on the skin when you apply it—especially when your skin is stinging, it doesn't hurt at all. 

3) Maybelline Age Rewind in Light: It's a staple drug store concealer that everyone raves about!  It's creamy, blends easily, and provides great coverage especially for those imperfections. I got this a few shades lighter than my skin tone in order for it to be a highlighter. The way I would apply this is by making an upside down triangle underneath my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, above my cupids bow and my chin. I also apply this in between my eyebrows, up to my forehead where natural lightening would hit and at my brow bones. 

4) Vichy Aqualia Thermal 48h Moisturizer: I asked one my co-workers who's a cosmetician at the Beauty Boutique about my dry patches that I've been receiving these past few months. Originally, she was going to recommend me a NeoStrata cream, but it wasn't there. Thus, she recommended me this cream instead. The cream itself retails for around $40, but my co-worker gave me the one with the bonus pack. It contains an overnight face mask and a travel size cleanser. So having these bonus items with the cream is a total deal! I've been using this cream for over a month now and all my dry patches are gone! Literally gone and so I swear by this completely, if you have really dry skin go for this! 


Sephora

1) Makeup Forever Birthday Gift: I received a travel size version of MF's mascara and lipstick. I really love the mascara as it is volumizing, pigmented, and creates bold lengthening lashes. The lipstick is a subtle colour for my lips and provides a sheen kind of coverage. 

2) Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer: Gelaine provided me with a $25 gift card to Sephora and so I decided to splurge on a concealer that I've had my eyes on for quite a while. Bloggers and beauty gurus raved about it and let me tell you, I don't blame them. This is a medium to full coverage concealer, it lives up to its name by being creamy and if you apply this to your under eye circles, it does its job by lessening the darkness. It's super easy to blend and a little goes a long way. This concealer will last me for a while and I seriously love the sleek packaging. 

3) Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner: I actually bought this at Shoppers because of my discount so whatever. I've been on the search for the perfect liquid pen liner and everyone keeps mentioning this particular Stila product. I was skeptical and hesitant at first because I've heard that it dries out fast, so I told the cosmetician at Eaton's about it and she mentioned how I should put the liquid liner on its side or pen tip downwards when I store it, in order for it to not dry out. I love how pigmented it is, how it's waterproof and how easy it is to do a wing liner.  



Lush

1) Helping Hands Sample: The lady at the cash gave me a sample of 'Helping Hands'...It's moisturizing and it smells amazing.

2) Figs and Leaves 100g Bar Soap: Gelaine got me into Lush just going to put that out there...So since she was buying something for herself, I had to join her in on that. I asked the sales lady of what kind of soap is good for dry skin, because I have eczema and it dries out certain parts of body. She suggested this particular soap and it has ingredients that makes your body super moisturizing. As well as there is aloe vera which is a good ingredient to treat eczema. After using this countless times in the bath, I must say that I do love it. It smells amazing and I thought I would be irked out with the figs and leaves literally...But because of how abrasive it is, this really helps with exfoliating my skin and making it better. 

3) King of Skin: This body butter was both suggested by Gelaine and the sales lady. All lush products smells amazing and obviously this is one of them. It's hydrating and when you apply this when you're taking a bath it stays on your forever. I bought this because I'm lazy to apply lotion after I shower (I'm not the only one okay?) and so this does the job for me. Super quick and easy as it leaves your skin hydrated and smooth! 


The Body Shop

1) Tea Tree Cool & Creamy Wash: I love the Tea Tree primer, so I really wanted this cleanser because I love the feeling of washing my face and having a cooling sensation after. This is now part of my skin care routine and it does help with preventing a lot of breakouts and redness!

2) Tea Tree Face Mask: The Body shop had a promotion where you buy one, get one for 50%...I missed out on this deal with the primer, so I decided to get the face mask. If you wanna look like an alien, then this is the perfect face mask for you! When you wash it off, it's a creamy consistency and just like the wash, it has a cooling feeling after! Loveeee it!~

You Might Also Like

0 comments