Meet Gelaine & Ashley

NAME: GELAINE  AGE: TWENTY STUDYING: FOOD & NUTRITION (BACHELOR OF APPLIED SCIENCE) SCHOOL: RYERSON UNIVERSITY I wish I ...


NAME: GELAINE 
AGE: TWENTY
STUDYING: FOOD & NUTRITION (BACHELOR OF APPLIED SCIENCE)
SCHOOL: RYERSON UNIVERSITY


I wish I had the the ability to clone myself, so that I could accomplish everything I want to do, right away -- you can say I'm one heck of a busy girl and I enjoy it. So many ideas that have yet to be offered & so many things to do - this blog is a getaway of this dream of mine. If I were a film I'd be a coming of age film. I'm in constant transition, constant & continuous flux. I could imagine my brain being designed with mosaic tiles to create a weird, abstract yet structurally diverse piece of art. I don't think I can express myself as just "one type of person", not to sure if I fit into a certain category, what thing I'm sure of is that no one is sure who they are, it's normal not to feel normal (yes, I went a tad bit cliché, but who doesn't?). This blog is a refuge amidst all the chaos. Ashley and I found solace the moment we created this blog. Sure, it may be typical for two angsty teenagers to make a blog, but this is our way to conform to our own rules, standards and system. 
Welcome to our planet. I hope you'll enjoy your visit here XO.


Comfortable being uncomfortable, Confident about being uncertain




NAME: ASHLEY
AGE: TWENTY-ONE (DOB: FEB 28)
STUDYING: SOCIOLOGY @ RYERSON UNIVERSITY (with an attempt at minoring in criminology, but that's totally a different story)

Living on this earth for almost two decades showed me that life doesn't stop for no one. We all go through many stages, obstacles, and life changing experiences that shape who we are. We're constantly busy balancing school, work, and our social life—it's a never ending cycle. Now I can go on about how we're all dreamers and we aspire to be who we want to be (or at least try to), but I'm not going to do that....Cause that's probably going to be a different blog post or as you can tell I'm just completely lazy. I'm basically a sloth, procrastinating queen ♔ (not to mention kawaii queen), mother hen, and a total sleepy head meshed together. I love food, I can uphold a chronic bitch face and one of my many useless talents is to rap majority of Nicki Minaj's verses. 

For a pessimist, I can be pretty optimistic (brownie points for you if you get this reference).

But in all seriousness, I've been through all the social blog sites from good old Asian Avenue, to Xanga, to LJ—and now I've decided to settle down to two: blogger and tumblr. Commitment is key and in the wise words of Zoe Saldana: 

"A woman can preach, a woman can work, a woman can fight, a woman can build, can rule, can conquer, can destroy, just as much as a man can...We just need to take our place, it's always been there."


As you can see Flux and Xoulis are two different words that coincide together to mean something that's much more. Flux is a constant change that we choose to accept and xoulis (aka solace) is where we find love in something to alleviate us from a negative state of mind. To me flux and xoulis is an escapism from reality. It is an outlet to put in one's creativity, heart, soul, and mind. It's a symbol to take our place and shows what we're capable of, all through the power of our trusty MacBooks and our stressful, yet innovative minds. So stick around and stay tuned, for future posts on beauty, fashion, lifestyle and DIYs! xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments