A's MINI HAUL + WHAT I GOT FOR MY BIRTHDAY

HEY EVERYBODY! HEYYY ASHLAAYY ! OKAAAY, so as you guys know I did say I was going to film a Reading Week vlog right? Well, I did have some f...

HEY EVERYBODY! HEYYY ASHLAAYY! OKAAAY, so as you guys know I did say I was going to film a Reading Week vlog right? Well, I did have some footage, but I wasn't satisfied with it! BOOO! HOWEVER, I did have plans to make a haul video, along with a 'What I got for my Birthday'—but my camera decided to be a total shit show and have no memory to film. Therefore, I resorted to doing a blog post like I planned to and so here it is! For the past month it has been a whirlwind of essays and midterms...But hey, after a shit ton of allnighters and last minute studying—I had enough time to revamp F&X and take enough pictures for this post. By the way, do you guys love the new look? It's still a work in progress, but once school's done, Gelaine and I hope to excel in the art of blogging...I mean we practically breathe HTML y'know?

So last friday (Feb. 28), I turned the big TWO ZERO aka 20 aka two decades on earth. What a time to be alive right?...Nahhhhhht. I mean at this point, you've reached actual adulthood...Like sure 18 you declared yourself into womanhood (or man hood but i'm speaking for the ladies out there & in my opinion that shit only gets declared if you threw yourself a debut) and then there's turning 19 where you declared yourself into the legal's club. But 20 is where you enter the future years as I would like to call it; seeing as you're saying sayonara to the teen days and hello to being an adult. Remember those times when you were super young and you were like, "Oh my god, when I turn twenty I'm going to..." Well that's the age you're at and I'm pretty sure that you haven't even fulfilled those major goals yet...Some, but not all...You're basically at the age where you're beginning to grow even more and change as a person whether it's for the worse or better. But that's enough life talks, that'll be for another post! Right now, let's get on with the mini haul.




During the middle week of February, whether it was before or after reading week—I ended up splurging due to the act of impulse shopping! It's a horrible habit of mine because you never know when and where it's going to happen! (You ladies can totally relate don't lie!) For starters the Olympics were happening and what better way to support my country through these cute, ultra soft and warm mittens! They were 10$ at the Bay and they went towards a good cause for our athletes. I actually needed them cause my other gloves were just falling apart and didn't keep my hands warm enough during the polar vortex...I am totally fed up with winter at this point. 

My next item is that Juicy Couture wallet and lemme tell you, I snagged a good deal on this! For starters, I did have a teal Michael Kors clutch as my wallet, but because of the size—I wanted something more compact so I'd have more room in my purse for school stuff and other belongings. Plus I needed to be more organized and keep less clutter (cause the clutch was huge enough to fit a shit ton of receipts), and I also needed a wallet with zipper compartment since the clutch didn't have any. So here it is! Isn't she a beauty? I'll probably do a What's in My bag tag and show it in more detail. But I got it for a good price at Winners and boy was I proud of swiping my card away for this baby. It's black and gold, simple, and sleek...It practically screams me.

If you're in the Toronto area, then Pacific Mall is where it's at for any tech accessories you need. Cheap, affordable, and if you have the guts to bargain like I did—then go for it! I bought myself a new iPad Mini Case and a matte screen protector. My baby needed a revamped look and plus I wanted a case where it could also act as a stand. Last item above is The Body Shop's Tea Tree Pore Minimizer, this baby is my holy grail to my skin care and make up routine. I actually prefer this over Benefit's Porefessional (shocker I know! did you know it's even cheaper too?), I'll have an in depth review in the future...But let's just say the tea tree serum acts as a skin regiment for my pimples anddddd it mattifies my oily face—two factors that are hella important for me. 


Then there's my Hunter boots...Biggest splurge of the month, all thanks to my mother. If you follow me on twitter, then you'd know what I meant with this tweet. My mother didn't want me to wear her Uggs anymore, so she tricked me into trying on these boots at B2 and they were super cute that I couldn't resist them! I ended up buying them and at first I regret it so much cause I did have other boots, but the next day there was freezing rain and slush everywhere, that these babies actually saved my life...Or rather my feet. SOOOOO I'm thankful for my mother for forcing me to buy these, cause without them I'd just be one heck of a grumpy girl with soggy feet. 


A WILD 20 YEAR OLD APPEARS....


On the day of my birthday (recap: feb 28) I had two tutorials back to back for an hour from 9-11am and so I went to that since I haven't been there in soOOOooOOOoo long. Right after that I had brunch at Franz with Glaica (one of my bffs) which she treated me to, as well as she got me a red velvet cup cake from Panera Bread—so THANK YOU SO MUCH GLAICA FOR SPENDING TIME WITH ME ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!! Right after this, I headed to work and completed my 4-12am shift. It wasn't that bad, my co-workers made my day by giving me warm greetings and treating me to dinner! So I was thankful for spending my day with them!


When I came home after my shift these were the first two surprises that I had...The macaroons were actually a surprise from Gelaine and Philip! They surprised me at work with these delicious sweets from Butter Avenue and that made my night cause I literally had no idea they would visit me—let alone give me macaroons! I devoured them in one sitting and nope, nu-uh, I have no regrets! My youngest sister Abigail bought me a cute mason jar cup, while my mother surprised me (sorta) with a Michael Kors watch. I already told my mother about the watch and that I specifically mentioned that it had to be a gold one. So with the help of the sales ladies, she picked one out for me and once I got it resized, I knew this was going to be a staple piece in my arm candy. 




My other sister Michelle (and with the help of Abigail) bought me this meshed trimmed maxi dress from Forever 21. I am obsessed and in love with maxi dresses and the colour black! Therefore, I'm so stoked to wear this once the freaking winter season finishes. It's really different from my other dresses because of the meshed trim and the leg slit, but maybe that's why I love it so much! ( although, i might have to invest in those boobie cups y'know?)

On Saturday, I celebrated my birthday. As you can see I decided to have the weekend off, which is why I worked on the actual date of my born day. I spent it with three of my closest friends; Hillary, Trishia and of course Gelaine. It was hosted at Gee's place and to be honest it was like a last minute thing, I wasn't stoked on turning 20 and I wasn't going to celebrate it and instead just have the day off...But after a few talks with these three, I decided whatever—good friends, good vibes, pizza and movies...That's totally fine by me. Besides Hillary came down from Kingston on that day since she had the Maine concert to go to, so I was lucky enough to spend the day with her (you see that hillary? L-U-C-K-Y). All of them gave me thoughtful and ugh amazing gifts and so THANK YOU LOSERS FOR THE PRESENTS AND JUST BEING AWESOME FRIENDS! xo 



EVERY GIRL WHO IS INTO BEAUTY NEEDS THIS IN THEIR LIFE, SO BOYS TAKE NOTES! Shout out to my girl Hillary, also known as The Ink and The Quill for giving me the Lorac Pro Palette! Initially, I was suppose to pay her back, but she was like 'Do you want this as your gift instead?' and you all know I couldn't refuse! I've been dying to have this palette and I can't wait to try it out!


TRISHIA MY P.I.C AKA MY PARTNER IN CRIME GAVE ME THESE GOODIES! I needed a new Macbook and keyboard cover, so this was a perfect gift. I had a white and pink key board cover before hand and it just kept fading, so Trishia had a black one and told me that it was way better! She also paid attention to the colour of the Macbook book cover I wanted, so extra brownie points for her! She gave me a pair of zebra socks, which is a reoccurring theme in her gifts. For Christmas my sisters got some too and so we're all just one big family of animal sockies. Lastly, I got the hard copy of The Naked and Famous' Passive Me, Aggressive You album. TNAF's first album was one of my faves and I really hope to see them live one day (totes jealousss if you're seeing them in Coachella!). Their indie, post-punk, synth sound is why I fell in love with them, along with Alisa's and Thom's soothing vocals. THANK YOU THANK TRISHAY AND BEA (HER SISTER WHO HELPED OUT) FOR THIS WONDERFUL GIFT!


Last but not the least, Gelaine's gift...She got me a Sephora Gift Card and I can't wait to splurgeeee there because I do have a few items in mind. TANYA BURR'S LIP GLOSS in Chic, which I've heard a lot of good views on and let me tell you I'm always in a sticky situation with lip glosses, which is why I barely use them...But this one isn't sticky at all, it's a perfect everyday colour and it smells amazing (like hubba bubba buubble gum, i shit you not). Gelaine was thoughtful enough and receives extra brownie points too, since I told her about Anthony Marra's novel A Constellation of Vital Phenomena. The story behind why I wanted this novel was that Trishia and I have this tendency to get Starbucks at Chapters and then find a random corner to sit and chill for a while. We would then, pick out a book that was around us. So I'm one of those people who judge a book by its cover and when I picked up this one up and read it, I was sucked into it that I barely even paid attention to my surroundings (I was probably like 5 or 6 chapters deep into this novel, in just one sitting!). If you're into books such as The Kite Runner or A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, then this book is the one for you (look it's even a staff pick! thanks Zach ;D)

WE FINALLY MADE IT TO THE END OF THE POST! I'm super thankful for everyone who took the time to greet me and also who made my birthday one heck of a day! To anyone who's reading this, thank you for checking out this post (whether you read the whole thing, skimmed through it or looked at the pictures)—THANK YOU, THANK YOU! We hope you continue to follow up on F&X, it would mean a lot to us. I hope to make more posts along the way, but school can be cray cray sometimes and once I figure things out with my camera, I hope to film for you guys in the near future! 

Ciao lovelies & stay flawle$$ xo


You Might Also Like

0 comments