SPOOKTOBER FAVES: GELAINE

October Faves (FluxandXoulis) by geetrinidad featuring Kate Spade Hi everyone! Happy Belated Halloween!  As you may all kn...

October Faves (FluxandXoulis)


October Faves (FluxandXoulis) by geetrinidad featuring Kate Spade

Hi everyone! Happy Belated Halloween! 
As you may all know, October is coming to an end --- which means, OCTOBER FAVES!
I have been really busy with school and work. My halloween consisted of staying at Ryerson with Ashley, working on my lab assignments, exciting aint it? yes, our lives are quite sad - however, I managed to think of a few materialistic things that I've been really loving this past few weeks. 

∆∆∆ BEAUTY∆∆∆

1) NARS Sheer Glow Foundation 
I recently went into Sephora just to go window shopping, I've came across this foundation before and have heard many good things about it. I finally decided to ask the sales associate if she could find the right shade for my skin. She was kind and patient enough to do so, and upon countless trials (she applied 3 different foundation shades on my skin - just to find the perfect one!), I finally know a foundation shade that perfectly suits my skin! (Stromboli was the one!). Also, she managed to give me a free sample of the foundation so that I could experiment with it and really know if it's worth the price! As was predicted, this foundation is amazing! I even compared it with my older foundation (Covergirl 3 in 1) and realized that the NARS SHEER GLOW FOUNDATION looked a lot more natural, and lasts a lot longer. It was easier to put on as well - I actually prefer using my hands instead of a stippling brush when applying this foundation because it's a lot easier and works better (stippling brush tends to create some dry patches on my face and does not blend as well as my hands!). YES, I highly recommend this foundation, you are definitely paying for its quality - it is quite expensive- but it also lasts longer compared to other drugstore foundations. The only thing I don't like about this foundation is its packaging - it doesn't have a pump therefore you have to think of an efficient way to get the foundation out of the bottle. Overall, I give it an 8/10!

∆∆∆ ACCESSORIES ∆∆∆

2) Kate Spade Iphone cases 
They are classic products. They've been selling the same patterned Iphone cases for awhile now and it never gets old to me. I've been really loving polka dots recently, and I feel like they add a certain class to your accessories - and you cannot go wrong with black and white!  First, I thought the pink on the sides were a bit too much, but I decided to go with it and own something people wouldn't normally see me have. These Iphone cases are also very durable and aren't too thin or too thick for my small, childish looking hands. They also come in different colours and designs as well  - so go ahead and check their online website! 

∆∆∆ FASHION ∆∆∆

3) seaVees
I only found out about these pair of shoes because of my workplace. Gap actually collaborated with this company. We had these type of shoes throughout the Spring and Summer season. I decided to buy the white coloured seavees because they reminded me of the white coloured Converse everyone seems to be wearing. I love these shoes! they go with anything, I've worn them with long maxi skirts, jeans and skater skirts. I find these pair of shoes unique because they aren't as known (suprisingly) and I haven't seen many people wear it, except for my coworkers. I loved them so much that I decided to buy another pair in a different colour (Olive coloured ones). They are also very comfortable and are my go-to shoes, especially for work.

4) Suede Booties

I know that I've talked about this before but a girl cannot go wrong with a pair of suede booties! They are perfect for the fall season and are also my go-to shoes when it's too cold to wear the seavees. They can make a simple outfit look 10x better. Fall and booties go hand it hand like Bonnie and Clyde.

5) Camel coloured Peacoat 

I have never invested on a peacoat before and thank GOD I decided to now! Most of my jackets are very laid-back and casual looking. It was quite a change for me (very daring choice Gelaine). I like the look a peacoat offers on a person. This coat gives off the whole "old hollywood" feel ~

∆∆∆ MUSIC ∆∆∆

HAIM - DAYS ARE GONE ALBUM


I've started diggin' HAIM when I heard their song "Don't Save Me", They remind me of a more hip version of "Fleetwood Mac". Also, they bring out such an iconic image. It's hard to not be curious when you see three girls dressed as if they were from the 60s. Their songs are dark and very driving (I recommend listening to My Song 5). Everytime I listen to their songs, I feel stronger as a woman - you can say that they bring out the feminist in me. Also, some of their songs reminds me of old school female rock singers - (listen to The Wire). They have a great rocknroll beat that perfectly matches the lyrics: 

Never thought that I would grow so old of seeing the gold
Still I never want it to go
I would hold it up to my cold heart
Feel the way it used to start up
Take me back, ta-ta-take me back to the way that I was before
Hungry for what was to come
Now I'm longing for the way I was -
Don't Save Me: HAIM
Also, did I mention how awesome HAIM's fashion sense is?
love

LORDE - PURE HEROINE ALBUM 

Ah, royals. I would say that this album has been on repeat for quite awhile now. I always listen to it whenever I do my work. It is such a "fall album" (not too sure if that made sense). This album = Lana Del Rey meets Grimes. A bit of electro, an amazing unique voice mixed with a very moody, gloomy, yet glamorous beat and tempo. I've been diggin female musicians recently, and she has a sort of feminist vibe going on as well - (woo, girl power!). She has a such a seductive voice - I hope to see her live someday! I can imagine her songs being played in the background of a movie scene in which some bada$$ chick wins a fight and becomes the last woman standing. Overall, I would recommend listening to Tennis Court, 400 Flux and Glory and Gore. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments